Thursday, June 23, 2011

JESUS IS the Divine Fulfillment of Scripture

~JESUS came to Fulfill the Scriptures

At the outset of JESUS' ministry, HE makes this amazingly bold statement:

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Interestingly enough, at the "end" of HIS earthly ministry [after HIS resurrection but prior to HIS ascension] JESUS reiterates this statement:

Luke 24:44-45
[44] Then HE [JESUS] said to them [HIS Disciples], “These are MY words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about ME in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”
[45] Then HE opened their minds to understand the Scriptures...

These statements have profoundly changed the way I now study the Hebrew Scriptures [Old Testament].

I have begun a journey to FIND JESUS in the Hebrew Scriptures...to see how HE divinely fulfilled those ancient writings.

This blog is a detailed outline of what I have discovered, and continue to discover!

My hope is that you will join me!

~Love Much...Forgive Often...Seek Earnestly!

No comments:

Post a Comment