Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Promise of a NEW COVENANT

Jeremiah 31 - 34

[31] “Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
[32] not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the LORD.
[33] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my Torah within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ø      Where did the House of Judah go?
      
       Salvation will be available to BOTH houses. 
      Israel represents the CHURCH and also speaks of the UNITY of  the house of Judah and Israel.
     This is NOT to say that the Church replaces Israel. 
     Remember HE is a faithful husband and will fulfill the obligations of the "Exodus" Covenant in HIS time.

[34] And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
(Jeremiah 31:31-34 ESV)

The LORD [YHVH] is the ONE solely responsible for making this New Covenant a Reality.

Similarily JESUS is the ONE solely responsible for "building" HIS Church.


[18] And I tell you, you are Peter [4074/M], and on this [3778/F] rock [4073/F]
I WILL build MY church [1577/F], and the gates [4439] of hell [86] shall not prevail [2729] against it [846/F].

  • As a side note JESUS was not referring to Peter as the "rock", because it is in Feminine form and Peter is masculine.

~ JESUS as the Fulfillment of the New Covenant ~

Luke 22 : 20

"This the cup which is poured out for you is the NEW COVENANT in MY Blood"

~ The HOLY SPIRIT is the AGENT
upon which HIS TORAH is Written on our Hearts ~



OLD COVENANT - ELOHIM

  1. Came by Moses

  1. Written On Stone

  1. Ten Commandments

  1. Torah

  1. Mitvah

  1. Burdensome - Rule Oriented Living - Continual Sacrifices

  1. Brings DEATH 


NEW COVENANT – The LORD YHVH

  1. Written Within them, and on their hearts

  1. Came by JESUS / YESHUA

  1. GRACE

  1. Spirit Driven

  1. Forgiveness of Iniquity

  1. Sin no longer remembered
    7.   Brings LIFE

~Love Much.  Forgive Often.  Seek Earnestly.

Matthew 16:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment