Tuesday, July 5, 2011

THE NEW COVENANT

JESUS is the Fulfillment of The NEW COVENANT

  • What is the “new” Covenant ?

  • How does JESUS fulfill it ?

In my humble opinion, these are Scriptural concepts and passages that every believer should familiarize themselves with.

Jeremiah 31 : 31 -34

[31] “Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,

[32] not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the LORD.

  • The Covenant given at Mt. Sinai was written on “stone”
  • Who broke the covenant?  Who is the faithful husband?

[33] But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my LAW within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

  • The Hebrew for “Law” here is TORAH – meaning instruction or teaching
  • The same term used for what was delivered at Mt. Sinai.
  • More on Mt. Sinai when we study Pentecost / Feast of Weeks

[34] And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

  • What shall become of the “Teachers” of the “Law”?
  • How can a “just” GOD remember our sins no more?

JESUS AS THE NEW CONVENANT


Luke 22 : 19 – 22

[19] And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

  • Notice HIS body is “BREAD”

[20] And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

  • HIS blood is the Fulfillment of the long-awaited NEW COVENANT !

  • It is HIS blood that seals the New Covenant

    • The reason WHY GOD can FORGIVE and will no longer remember our sins {GRACE}

JESUS is the Divine Fulfillment of Scripture !

~Love Much…Forgive Often…Seek Earnestly

No comments:

Post a Comment